PADI (Junior) Adventure Divers who are at least 12 years old and have completed the Underwater Navigation Adventure Dive may enroll in a Rescue Diver course. You also need to have Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months. You can complete this training during the Rescue Diver course.
- At least 12 years old, and in reasonable physical health.
- Completed your Advanced Open Water Certification
- Completed your Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care training within the last 24 months prior to taking the rescue diver course.
- Completed your Rescue Diver E-Learning
- Dive Slate
- Pocket Mask
- Audible surface signaling device
- Cutting tool
- Completed PADI Medical Statement⊕, General Liability Statement⊕, and Safe Diving⊕ forms.
- Ability to swim and float unassisted in the ocean
- Understand and speak English (for safety reasons)
PADI Rescue Diver is a 2-day course that prepares you to deal with dive emergencies, minor and major, using a variety of techniques. Through knowledge development and rescue exercises, you learn what to look for and how to respond. During rescue scenarios, you put into practice your knowledge and skills. Topics include:
- Self rescue
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
Maui Diving will provide you with all the scuba equipment you need to complete your Rescue Diver course. There is no extra charge for the use of our rental equipment. We even include mask and fins with your rental equipment at no extra charge. If you decide that you’d like to purchase your own mask and fins after the class, we have a wide variety of options in our retail store. It is great to have your own mask and fins as you’ll want to travel with these items in the future to make sure all of your diving or snorkeling experiences are comfortable and fit you perfectly!
Call us at (808) 667-0633 to enroll today!
Please call to confirm dive schedule before registering with PADI.